On Friday 4th April CMD members Prof. Matthew Gilbert and Dr Andy Tyas, together with former CMD member Dr Aleksey Pichugin, now of Brunel University, London, will deliver presentations at a special symposium on 'Layout optimization of engineering structures' organised by the Polish Academy of Sciences. The event will be held at Warsaw University of Technology.
List of speakers and topics:
- D. Bojczuk - Optimal design of bar structures based on virtual elements concept
- M. Gilbert, C.C. Smith, A. Tyas, S. Hawksbee and A. V. Pichugin - Application of layout optimization in limit analysis and design
- A. V. Pichugin, A. Tyas and M. Gilbert - Uniform loading problems for periodic domains: examples of optimal structures
- A. Tyas, A. V. Pichugin, and M. Gilbert - Layout optimisation of structures with transmissible loads: some recent results
- T. Sokół - On the plastic layout optimization of large-scale trusses for multiple load conditions - an extension of the theory of Michell trusses
The Polish Academy of Sciences, founded in 1952, is the top institution in Poland of its kind.